Monday, January 7, 2013

Updated Microsoft Access 2007/2010 Tutorial

Folks:
I am putting the finishing touches on a revision to my MS Access 2007/2010 tutorial.  This is the latest in a series of Access tutorials I have been working on for the last 10 years or so. If you have never used MS Access before and wanted to learn, I think this will be a great chance for you to get started.

The tutorial covers the basics of relational database and then goes into creating tables, forms, queries, reports and Navigation Forms in Access.

It seems there are enough annoying differences between Access 2007 and 2010 that I had to add more  comments and notes, etc.  The main section I added was on building Navigation Forms which are a new feature in Access 2010 intended to replace the Switchboard.

Since a lot of students have Apple Mac computers (such as an iMac, MacBook, etc) I thought I would add a few notes about how to get your Mac to run Microsoft Access. As far as I know, Access has to run under a Microsoft operating system.  To make it work on a Mac you will need a legitimate copy of the Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 Operating system from Microsoft. More details are found in section 1.3 of the tutorial.

As far as I know there is no way to run Microsoft Access on an iPhone or iPad, etc.

Here is the updated MS Access 2007/2010 tutorial: http://www.holowczak.com/tutorials.html#msaccesstutorials

As always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,

Rich H.


1 comment: